Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Try Stamping on Tuesday x2

Hello and welcome.  So glad you stopped by today.  It is Tuesday so that means we are playing along with the Try Stamping on Tuesday challenge blog! We have a fun sketch for this week!  I actually made two cards for my samples.  Here is the sketch....

 

My first sample is a soft and pretty card using the Blooming Marvelous stamp set from Salebratons.  Didn't think I even wanted this one, but it is so fun and EASY to work with.  So glad I got it.  

 Stamps: Blooming Marvelous, Basic Label Single Stamp
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DP
Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip
Other: modern label punch, framelit, small butterfly punch

And my second card.  I wanted to try out the chalkboard technique that we used to do so long ago.  I always struggled with this technique as I don't think the really neat samples look like chalkboard--but than the samples like mine that I think look like a real chalkboard with the crooked lines and all don't look so neat, lol!  Funny how that is--I don't like the one because it is too neat and don't like the other because it is not neat!  Go figure--typical don't you think?

Stamps: non stamping up--whole10 stamp set cost $1 on sale!  
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, More Amore Speciality Paper
Ink: white, versamark
Other: embossing powder,sponges, white gel pen.

Hope you have a great day!  Looks so beautiful outside here today as the sun is shinning!  
Only 20 degrees but SUNSHINY!!!!!

Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Mynn xx said...

These are both fabulous, MJ! LOVE the beautiful stamping on the first one and I adore the CAS take on the faux chalkboard technique for the second card! HUGS! :)

Nancy Seed said...

Love both cards, but the chalkboard one is my fav! Great job.

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards, I love that flower set.

Sarah said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! Love the colours on your first card and the CAS lines of your second - great job!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very pretty cards!

Karen said...

Love both of these. Black, red and white is always a fav of mine and the colors in the other, love them and the butterfly is a nice touch.