Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Put it in your pocket!

This week on Latenightstampers we are having fun on Pinterest. We are picking cards from Pinterest to CASE. I have tons of samples in my CASE board but never do anything with them--go figure.  So the first card I picked was the cutest pair of overalls.  And they were really simple to make.  If you have an account on Pinterest you can view the original HERE.


I used Marina Mist card stock and my Marina Mist Ink pad.  I just rubbed the open ink pad on the card front in an up and down motion, then did it again side to side to give it the textured look--like denim.  The card it self started as a regular sized card that opens from bottom to top.  I cut a rectangle out of the top of the card removing the center part of the fold.  Then I cut a triangle from the bottom.  Next I went around the whole card with my white gel pen.  Added a pocket from another piece of Marina Mist scrap that also was inked up in both directions.  I attached the pocket only on the sides and bottom so that I would be able to put the money in the pocket.  Finally I cut to strips to make the straps, rounded the bottom of the strips--and attached them with dimensionals only under the section that has the buttons.  The top of the strips are attached directly to the card without dimensionals..  And the buttons were made with the button embosslet!  So fun and easy and just too stinkin cute!

Hope you are having a fabulous week--it is cold and windy and snowy here so I am all bundled up and keeping warm.
Mary Jo