Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 214

Happy Monday to you!  Hope you have a super week.  My sister is visiting from Texas so I am having lots of fun hanging with her and the rest of my family!  For those of you that recall--my sister Debbie is the one who had the stroke not too long ago and many of you sent here cards, which by the way meant the world to here, she still has each one and looks at them often!  She wants you all to know how much it helped her.  She is doing ok.  Here right arm still does not have much in the way of movement, but she is so determined and is learning to do so many things with her left are.  She is such an inspiration to me. 

Anyway--on to this week's sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch...


As usual I combined my sample with the new Latenightstamper's challenge.  This week we are using Lots of Textures on our samples.  I also went with a masculine card since I finally broke down and got this set--Nature Silhouettes.


I am not sure if you can see it from the picture but the bottom grey piece is embossed with the  Stripes embossing folder.  Then the black strip is embossed with the Houndstooth embossing folder.  Then on the next layer up--the grey layer I used the stripes embossing folder again but did it in both directions and then went over it with a sponge with black ink.  That piece and the layers above it are all torn and distressed.  I really like how it turned out. 

So now it is your turn to step up to the challenge as they say!  Can't wait to see what you come up with.  When you are finished with your project come on back and add the direct link (you can get the direct link by clicking on the title of your post) and not just the link to your home pages.  Sometimes people look days after and then they don't see your sample.  And if you choose to add the blog hop to your blog your readers can play along with us too right from YOUR blog!

Happy today!
Mary Jo

3 nice people left a comment:

Mary Brown said...

Ooooooo...I love the look of the white, black and greys...just a perfect combo for this image! What a great masculine card!

TrishG said...

Beautiful sample. I love what you did with the Nature Silhouettes. Looks great in just black and gray.

Queen Mary said...

I LOVE your card! I may case it!