Friday, March 16, 2012

Blogger's Challenge--birthday party

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you--today we are celebrating birthdays on the Blogger's Challenge group--maybe because our list mom Lisa just had a birthday?!  Happy Birthday Lisa!

My card for this challenge is one that is over due--not the card it self but the use of the stamp set.  This is the first stamp set I got from the SAB catalog and I have NEVER used it.  What the heck--uhh, too much stuff?????  No!  It is just not enough time in the day!



Red and Black are two of my favorite colors!  Purple too but I don't seem to use that too much?

Stamps: Elementary Elegance
Paper: Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment DP, Mocha Morning DP
Ink: Poppy Parade, Basic Black
Other: Markers, Curly Label Punch

Come on and play along--you can link up right here on the blog hop!  You can view the challenge details on Lisa blog HERE.
Mary Jo

11 nice people left a comment:

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I knew I should have used those stamps when we were all together!

Greetings By Chera said...

What a pretty - classic card! Nicely done!

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful. stamps. I'll bet you'll use them again soon. Love the color scheme

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a gorgeous card! Beautifully created.

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love how you framed the sentiment within that elegant image.

Cheryl M. said...

Exceptionally beautiful card, Mary Jo!!

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautifully done! Love black and red together too. Very classy!

Lisa Somerville said...

Thanks for the BD wish Mary Jo - love the layout! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a lovely birthday card, Mary Jo! The frame piece is so pretty! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

That is a great use of that stamp- which is begging me to ink it up! Love the layout!

Ida said...

Very pretty MaryJo - I love the vibrant color of the Poppy Red paired with the Black.