Friday, April 1, 2011

Blogger's Challenge--for the birds!

I just love birds, love to hear them in the morning outside my window, love any time of image or stamp with a bird on it, just love birds.  So I am excited about this week's challenge.  Our group mom, Lisa, is so good at picking the themes each week!  Thanks Lisa.  And the cool thing is the the Latenightstamper's challenge that I run is to use animal stamps so this fits both challenges.  Oh yea, I also through in a challenge from SUDSOL, their case challenge.  So better get onto my cards.  Yep, I said cards, there are two--and they are not my normal style--but I really am liking them.....

This first one is for the SUDSOL case challenge too--the smaller image is the card we are to CASE.


I really love Baja Breeze with Soft Suede, so pretty.
Stamps: Nature Walk, tiny tags, Bliss
Paper: Baja Breeze, Soft Sude, Very Vanilla, Elegant Soiree dp
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Other: tiny tag punch, sponges, markers, pearls, scallop trim border punch, scoring board

Next is another favorite color combo--Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip

 Stamps: Nature Walk. Bliss
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Other: flower embellishment, sponges, markers, ribbon, embossing folder

Ahh, love this beautiful style of cards and this Nature Walk stamp set is so easy to make it happen!
Be sure to check out the rest of the fabulous sample in the Blog Hop! You can even join, but be sure to follow the rules on Lisa's blog!


21 nice people left a comment:

Jane Wetzel said...

wow...these are gorgeous...

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful images, beautiful cards.

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous! I love the scoring on this. WHat a pretty set!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh another beauty! Love the colors! Didn't notice the first one!

Lisa Somerville said...

Both are beautiful MJ, wonderful use of color! Lovely vintage cards!

Ida said...

Wow! These are both just fabulous. Love the details like the lace, the ribbons, flowers, embossing - So, So pretty.

Basement Stamper said...

Both cards are beautiful, I absolutely love that first one! The scoring and pearls make it so elegant.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Such beautiful cards, Mary Jo. So lovely.

Lisa Bohler said...

I knew we would be seeing some wonderful cards with this set! LOVE these!! Terrific job!

peggy gatto said...

beautifully made cards!

JP Card Crazy said...

Beautiful cards love them both!

Carol Parcell said...

I'm with you on the birds. I have almost every stamp from SU that has a bird on it. I love both of your cards. They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

All your cards are GREAT--but I really like the tech. you showed us on your first bird one--the scored lines that are broken up by the pearls--Great idea!

scrappingnana said...

Your cards are beautiful. I especially like the first one. I love Baha Breeze & Soft Suede together also. That is a neat idea using the border punch to make the scallop strip. Love your scoring on the card also. TFS

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is beautiful. This image goes so well with the baja breeze and soft suede. Great combination.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What pretty cards Mary Jo! Love the scoring and the pearls on the first card! The second card is simply beautiful too! Wonderful designs! :D

Barbara said...

TWO cards this week....lots of eye candy!! I'm with you...I am a fan of Baja and Soft Suede, but never thought to pair Soft Suede with Cherry Cobbler. GREAT idea! LOVE both of these cards...they are truly lovely.

Terry said...

Both are so lovely and elegant! Beautiful use of colors and textures!

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, pretty cards. The bird collage parts are so delicate. I love looking at them.

Tami Black said...

I have never seen an ugly card using this set -- your cards are absolutely exquisite! I love the simplicity of the top one and yet the bottom one is so pretty with colors too. Gorgeous job!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

All beautiful cards and ribbons MJ