Sunday, June 6, 2010

Technostamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 125

Welcome to a brand new week and a brand new sketch!  I sure hope you have time to play along.  I really had fun with this one, nice and easy.  Both of my samples are using the Top Note Die cut in a new way (to me) I love how it turned out.  But before we get too far here is the sketch...



And here are my two samples...


This first sample is a sneak peek of a brand new level one hostess set that will be in the new catalog coming out on July 1st!  I truly love this flower--looks great in so many colors.  I was using up retiring stuff here so the colors are Blush Blossom and Creamy Carmel--both retiring at the end of June.

Stamps: Because I Care, Close as a Memory
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom
Other: markers, water color pencils, top note die, sponges

This next card is a new set that is available now in the summer mini!  This card is a sneak peek of the challenge for this week on Latenightstampers--use your brayer.


I love these colors.  So bright and fun.  The background is brayered with Old Olive and Bashful Blue

Stamps: Tropical Party
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Island Oasis dp
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue
Other: rub ons, top note die, scallop oval frame die, brayer

I hope that my samples have inspired you to play along.. Remember to add you link below, can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this one.  You always amaze me.

Thanks for stopping by and playing along!
Mary Jo

9 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and shading you used on the flower could you please share in more detail how you did it that flower just pops off the page very pretty thanks for all you do I enjoy your work it inspires me.

Memories by Brenda said...

very pretty cards!! How did you do that with the die?? Never seem it before, but I love it

MelissaS said...

I love how you used the die in a different way with these great cards!

Hopefully in a month or so we will be moved and settled and I can have a chance to play along again!

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love that flower stamp. Can't wait to get mine tomorrow! The tropical paradise card is where I would love to be right now. Both are wonderful! Great use of the Top Note Die

Kay Kalthoff said...

Great sketch!! I used my brayer on this one, too. Have a great day and thanks so much for all you do to keep us happy and crafting.
Kay

Beverly said...

Great sketch Mary Jo... I think I'll have to try it out tomorrow! ...oh.. and love the tunes! ;)

Gisèle said...

Another awesome sketch! I always look forward to seeing your creativity each week. Everyone's cards are just beautiful and so inspiring. Thanks!

Beverly G said...

Hope you don't mind the Christmas card, your sketch was perfect for this little digi.

Robyn said...

Call me a newbie but how on earth did you use the top note to make the top layer?
I love the way it turned out! Thanks so much for sharing with us and sending us such great inspiration!