Saturday, June 12, 2010

Staring Father--It's that time of year again.

Both of these cards are using the same papers and the same stamps but they really look different don't you think?  I am trying to used retired and retiring stuff I have soooooo much.  And with Father's Day this close I thought I might as well focus on that. 

This first card is using the 411 sketch for today


Stamps: Staring You, Teeny Tiny Wishes and a SUINK stamp set for the Dad's Rule
Paper: Barely Banana, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Other: circle punch, scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, marker

This second one is a super simple one but I think it is perfect for a Father--just their style, not too much "stuff"


Stamps: Staring You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Barely Banana, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Other: circle punches, embossing folder, color spritzer

Hope you have a wonderful day! 
Mary Jo

9 nice people left a comment:

Rose said...

Both cards are great! I love that little stamp set.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Very cool and simple card. Love the texture. It really makes it POP! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Steph said...

Very nice cards. Love the blue and yellow together. Great job:)

Selene Kempton said...

Excellent job with the challenge Mary Jo! I love your colors and stamp mix! Beautiful!

Kerin said...

Great colors for a Father's Day card, and that "Dad's Rule" sentiment is awesome!! Thanks for playing along this week!

Lisa Martin said...

Both cards are awesome! Especially love the first one :)

Lisa Martin said...

LOVE both cards! :)

Krista said...

Very pretty card Mary Jo !!

Patti Chesky said...

I love that stamp set. Too bad I only discovered it during SAB. I love what you've done with it....the colors are stunning!