Friday, June 25, 2010

Latenightstampin with the Blogger's Challenge crew!

OK, so does anyone else have such a hard time finding time at the end of the school year!  Seems there are way way way too many things to do and way way way too many places to go! For goodness sake it has been months since I have been caught up, lol!  So again, in an effort to catch up I am combining two challenges.  The first one and the one I am way behind on is our weekly challenge on Latengithstampers.  This week we were to make an ATC and then make a card from it.  So both of my samples today are doing just that.  Of course one is 100% current and one is a combination of retired and retiring stuff. 

The first one is using the fairy set in the Summer mini.  I have only had time to use this set once (twice now) so far.  It is not my favorite fairy set but I love fairies and therefore had to buy it.  What do you think???


This is also a preview of the new color Daffodil Delight.  I matched it up with Tangerine Tango.

Stamps: A little bit of magic, Upsy Daisy 
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: ribbon, markers, embossing folder

The next one is also an ATC made into a card, and it is using this week's blogger's challenge--which is a color challenge--Kiwi, Blue and White.  Fun combo.  Since I was using either retired or retiring colors I decided to pull out a retired set that I have not used in a while. Remember this one.  Frolicking Frogs!

Stamps: Frolicking Frogs
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers

Visit the Latenightstampers group and play along with the ATC challenge HERE
Visit the Blogger's Challenge Players and see what they did with the color challenge HERE

Whew, sorry for the wordy post!  How to be back on track or close to it, lol!

Have a great weekend!
Mary Jo

15 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Martz said...

Both cards are delightful! Very cheery!

Lisa Martz said...

Both cards are delightful! Very cheery!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are terrific Mary Jo! Love turning ATC's into cards! I need to do that more often! That frog has never looked so good! Wonderful work! :D

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh love the yellow and orange - gorgeous colors and the color challenge for the BC is GREAT TOO! I haven't seen that frog used in awhile. CUTE!

Ida said...

Very nice cards. I love the Daffodil color (so pretty) and yes I remember the Frog set (a personal favorite) and the DP you used is perfect.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card! I love the image you used and the card with the ATC is awesome!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous artwork, beautifully created.

Claudia Perry said...

Good idea to use a retired set with the retired colors, it turned out cute!

Lisa Bohler said...

Both cards are super cute! I really like how you used the ATC and incorporated it into a card!

BarbaraW said...

That frog image was perfect for this weeks colors. Cute card.

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute cards, the frog works perfectly with this weeks BC colors.

Patti Chesky said...

Awwww....that frog stamp set is in my "for sale" pile. Now, you're going to make me pull it out again!!! LOL!!

Connie Fossenier said...

so many different interpretations of blue and yours is exceptionally creative...I love that stamp and Pp...perfect card as per usual.
connie paxman

Barbara said...

Cute,cute,cute! The frog card is just perfect in our challenge colors this week.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is adorable. Who knew you could take an ATC and make a quick card. Great idea!