Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Different Father's Day Cards

I don't know about you but I have tons and tons and tons and tons of scraps laying around.  And since I do classes I have lots of left over pieces for different card kits too.  So I have been trying to purge some of this--I am re-organizing my scraps to make better use and thought what the heck might as well make a few cards with these weird pieces.  The theme for the weekly challenge on Latenightstampers is Masculine and the ED11 challenge on Latenightstampers is to use brads and/or eyelets, so this is what I came up with combining all of the above!

Most of the pieces for this card were from an old Christmas card from about three or more years ago. Creamy Carmel will not be around much longer so had to use it!  I still have tons of it left!

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Creamy Carmel, whisper white, very vanilla, and bella blue dp
Ink: creamy carmel, not quite navy
Other: brads, heat and stick, glitter, markers

Maybe a little too fancy for a guy, but maybe not???

This next card is made with scraps that were cut in a strange shape so I tried to make it work.


I know it is a bit of a weird color combo for the theme but I kind of like it.

Stamps:Teeny Tiny Wishes,Totally Tool
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry
Ink; Basic Black
Other: markers, brads, ribbon, embossing folder

That is it for now.  I know they are a bit different than my norm but sometimes you just got to play around.

Mary Jo

1 nice people left a comment:

Lil Kukla said...

Mary-Joe - I love the colors! And if a Dad is a Minnesota Vikings fan then the color choice is perfect!