Sunday, February 21, 2010

Featured Stamper Challenge for the week of February 21 through 27, 2010

I am really not happy with this card, but it is hard to concentrate today.  My son had a few kids sleep over and it is just crazy here.  They are having a ton of fun but I have a headache!   I was inspired by Jen Dierck;s great card shown below.  What a fun card, I thought it might look really nice in black and white with a splash of color but it just doesn't stamp cleanly enough.  I have never been able to get a solid image with this stamp and I have tried all the tricks.  It looks ok but not how I would like it.  I wasn't even going to post it but than I thought what the heck, you can see my blah cards too!  Here is the beautiful card that inspired me...



If you are a US Stampin Up! Demo, come on over to the Stampin Connection and play along.

Stamps:  Upsy Daisy, Teen Tiny Wishes
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black
Other: markers, black and white embossing powder, heat gun,

Thanks for stopping by, I will be back later with my new sketch challenge for the week.
Mary Jo

2 nice people left a comment:

Tammy Q Howell said...

Not a blah card! I like it with the black and white. Seems like I have a hard time getting a good impression with that stamp also. I love the colors that Jenn chose.

Elaine Wright said...

I love the B&W card! You did a great job, you are being too hard on yourself. Did you lightly sand the stamp when you got it? It should stamp smoothly. Anyway, I love the card and the tiny borders of color really make it great!