Sunday, February 1, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #55

Can you guys even believe it is February already? Man does time ever go by fast. My son will be nine in just six days. That seems crazy to me! Anyway, lets see the new sketch for the week. Here it is....

I made two cards for the challenge. This first one is for the sketch and also is card number 12 in the Your Hired Series. I used the brand new Friends sets. Thought this would be a great male Valentine?? What do you think?



Stamps: Friends and Always
Paper: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White and So Saffron DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: paper piercer



This next card is for the sketch challenge-made a bit smaller--and the Creative Corner crazy for hearts challenge. I used a bunch of Sizzix dies. Again I thought it could be a male Valentine.



Stamps: Always
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red dp
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Big Shot, alphabet dies, heart dies, button sizzlet die, white gel pen, MS heart border punch, misc button

I had to move the sentiment to the top on this one because of the hearts on the bottom.

Hope you will play along this week. It is a super easy sketch--so there can be no excuses, lol! Don't forget to use the keywords TSSC55 when posting online and even more important come on back and leave you name and direct link below on Mr Linky. Can't wait to see what you make.

Mary Jo

14 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fun sketch this week MJ - love the heart border punch!

Simone said...

Wow, Mary Jo, both cards are great! I really love them! So gorgeous!
Greetings from Germany
Simone

Kristen said...

Great sketch and cards. I can;t wait to make mine.

Janna said...

These are both just adorable!! I love the bird on the first card and the letters on the second. Can't wait to play along!

Smiles,
janna

Kerry D-C said...

These are both fabtabulous! I really love the bottom one.

Margaret Raburn said...

Good Sketch! Love your cards..I WANT that friend set!! :)

Anonymous said...

I could not wait to play with this sketch and use it for one of my SAB cards.
Thanks for another great layout, Nola

Barbara said...

I'm finally back and ready to stamp! Just posted for this challenge....late, but better than not joing at all. Great sketch, MJ!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another great Sketch to play along with.

Yaneri said...

Hey MaryJo! This is my 1st sketch challenge for your blog! It was so much fun to create this. I really enjoy doing these challenges.

Yaneri from The OC, California! Surf's Up dude!

Lynda Benden said...

Wow Mary Jo, both cards are awesome! I LOVE the MS heart border, it looks great!!!!

Rina said...

what a great job on both cards. I love the softness of the first and the vibrant red on the second. Thanks for sharing!!!

Mary C said...

Mary Jo your cards are wonderful! Each so different, I especially like the second one. Thanks for a challenging but great sketch this week.

Peggy said...

You make this look so easy! Great cards! I love what you did with them.