Wednesday, December 5, 2007

All Spruced up for the Holidays!



This was one of the cards for my third round of Christmas Stamp and Stack today. The focal image is from Fun and Fast notes. I stamped it in Old Olive ink and then colored it with chalks. Next I covered the colored areas with VersaMark using my Versa Marker and embossed it with clear embossing powder. You can not tell from the picture.

The base of the card is Real Red followed by a layer of River Rock that has the words stamped across the top with little asterisks free handed in Real Red marker in between each phrase. Next are two strips of designer paper from the Dashing series. The red scalloped strip is over the seam and is paper pierced on both sides of the words. (again this is not really visible from the picture) The words are stamped on River Rock and punched out with the word window punch. I added some dots around the focal image with the red marker before attaching it to the large scallop circle. Finally I pierced all of the scallops on the large scallop circle. Thanks for stopin by today! Have a great one.

4 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great looking card - love all the different layers.

rozie640 said...

Adorable card!! Love the designer paper and will miss is when it's discontinued. I love all the detail on your scallop!

tonistamps said...

I love how you incorporated two different pieces of the Dashing paper Mary Jo! I can't get enough of those papers myself.

Unknown said...

Great card!! Love the scallop, but this doesn't look like it was done with the corner rounder, was this done with the Creative Memories Decorative Trimmer? Or what did you use?
Diane