Saturday, September 15, 2007

Joy comes in a bundle of colors.



This card is not only for another one of Sara's Sketches on her Desperate Stamper Blog but it is also for a challenge on a group I belong on . The challenge is to make a card with paper piecing on it. I did not realize when I signed up that I do not have too many sets that are current and that I can use with this technique. So after narrowing it down to this one or the Summer by the Sea, which is on the dormant list, I decided to use this. It is hard to use Summer Sets at the very beginning of the fall/winter season. I even used designer paper from the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin kit. It is a bit bright and also a bit out of my comfort zone but that is why I join these challenges. I need to run to another cub scout outing so I am only going to give you the supplies used. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

Paper: Wild Wasabi, textured Bashful Blue, Real Red. Basic Black, Whisper White and both sides of a sheet of designer paper from the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin kit.

Ink: Basic Black

Stamp Set: Bundle of Joy

Misc: scallop square punch, , square punch, small and large oval punch, photo corner punch, circle punch, white button type things that are painted black, rose and pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon and paper snips.

Techniques used: Paper Piecing and Frayed Ribbon for the hair on the giraffe.


Here is the sketch that I used. In case you want to play along.


2 nice people left a comment:

Sara said...

What a sweet card, I love the papers you used!

THanks for sharing this with me!

rozie640 said...

Love this sketch and I love your designer paper bear & giraffe, very sweet card.