Monday, September 17, 2007

HELLO girl friend!

No time to stamp today, no matter how hard I try. My son had a fever all weekend and now that he is feeling better I am feeling horrible! Better me than him, but what the heck? I am also a little over committed in things such as my son's school, cub scouts, the crop walk etc, etc. You all know what I am talking about. So I decided to post a card I did a few months ago and get a good nights sleep. I am sure you guys will be surprised to hear that this card was for a challenge, lol! It was to use Red and Green and a touch of yellow and of course you could use white. It was a super fun card to make although there is very little stamping on it. the backgrounds of both the card and the letters are embossed with a cuttlebug folder and my sizzix machine. The letter are also cut from my sizzix machine. The scallop border is done using my slit punch and then highlighted with my white gel pen. The only stamping is the two flowers from the Doodle This set. They are stamped in White on Real Red and then cut out. I stamped the little words girl and friend from Everyday Flexible Phrases in the centers of the flowers. The letters and flowers are popped up with dimentionals. And finally I added some red and green Primas and white brads. This is one of those cards you wish you would have kept for yourself but you are too lazy to do all that work again just for yourself! It was sent to my friend Leigh O'Brien over at Sunflower Studio. If you have never seen her blog go ahead and check it out. She is another incredible stamper that belongs to that "secret" group.

1 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

I just checked your site and just loved it. I have a favorite tec. but I do not know what it is called. It is where you stamp on that clear film to create an over lay.I would love for you to do one so I can see what you would come up with.