Friday, September 28, 2007

Faux Diamonds for Christmas "Season of Joy"

Another sketch challenge.




This was my swap card on one of my groups. I had a lot of fun creating it which is weird since I had to do so much coloring with all those different color markers! Not normally a favorite of mine. The main image from Season of Joy is colored with Real Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose markers. After I colored it I covered the entire image with Versa Mark ink and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder to create the Faux Diamond Dust technique. It is incredibly sparkly in real life! I mounted that piece on a piece of Real Red card stock that has small dots around it made with my gel pen. The base of the card is Wild Wasabi followed by Bashful Blue. The striped paper is from the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin kit. I finished off the card with three Real Red brads and some pretty in pink ribbon. The Merry Christmas is stamped in Real Red. This was also another sketch challenge from Sara's Desperate Stamper. I believe it was sketch number 6.


By the way, I still need 48 more comments on the Techno Takeout to reach the bonus level. If you have not left a comment yet please do. Only one comment per person though. So spread the word. Here is the original post.