Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Christmas Story Card - told by the wise men

They seen an angel, they followed a star and they found the King.



I decided to see if I could catch up with the sketch challenges that Sara over at Desperate Stamper is doing in honor of her birthday. She is doing 27 sketches in 27 days. She is already on sketch 5. I printed them all off this morning and number 4 caught my eye. I am not sure why but this idea came to mind immediately. Here is the sketch - hurry and go check out the other ones.



Card Details:

The base of the card is Soft Sky. Followed by a piece of the Wintergreen Designer series paper. This paper is beautiful. Next I cut a strip of Soft Sky for my focal images to be attached to. I made it a little longer than I needed so I could use my most favorite tool--the paper piercer-- below the images. The actual images are stamped on Whisper White with VersaMark and embossed with detail gold powder. I then punched them out with my square punch and layered them on squares of Always Artichoke. The words from the retired set The Miracle of Christmas are embossed on Whisper White with gold and punched out with my circle punch. I layered it on a piece of Sky Blue that was punched out with the designer label punch. I finished the card off with a strip of Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon and three gold brads. All of the stamp sets used are retired but they were the only ones I could find to fit the story line. This was fun, I hope you enjoyed.

3 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Mary Jo!

rozie640 said...

OMG This card is absolutely stunning!!! I love everything little thing about it, fabulous job!!!

Sara said...

beautiful, absolutely lovely. I love the paper you used.
Thanks for playing along!

Sara