Saturday, September 22, 2007

Background Pop Technique

As long as I was creating, I did another one of Sara's sketch challenges from her Desperate Stamper blog. This is sketch #2.



I had a technique class last night and this is one of the cards from it. The technique is called Background Pop. I have not done it in a long time and forgot how much fun it is. We do two cards and one 6 x 6 page for their books at this class. The 6 x 6 describes the technique so they can reference it at a later time.




Here is a close up of the butterfly ......




Supplies used:
Paper: Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa and Blue Bayou
Ink: Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy and Basic Black
Other supplies: Scallop Circle Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, paper piercer, white gel pen, rhinestone brad.
Stamps: retired Wonderful Wings, Paisley, In the Spotlight and the retired Warmest Regard.

Hope you enjoy!

5 nice people left a comment:

Amy Caraluzzi said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the soft look of the card. Wonderful choice of colors. Simply beautiful!

Tangii said...

I love this technique! I've never seen it, but I'm certainly going to try it this weekend! TFS!

Tangii

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Mary Jo!
Hugs and smiles

dasimonds said...

Gorgeous Card!!
Love that butterfly!...Love the technique[will give it a try]
Love the soft color blend.

Anonymous said...

Great website! But I must say how peasant it is to open click on a website and hear the name of Jesus being praised. Bless you.