Sunday, August 26, 2007






Once a month I do a technique class at my home. We create a 6x6 page for everyone to take home and add to their books. This can be used as a reference to create more wonderful ideas using the technique at a later time. The cost of the
class is only $13 (must bring your own adhesive) and we also make two cards using the technique. We have been doing this for 14 months now (I think) and it has been
a lot of fun. I will try to showcase some of the older ones in later posts.

This month's technique was watercolor embossing. I have to admit I got this idea from Connie Babbert. She even used the same stamp set. It can also be found in the Technique Junkie Newsletter that is put out by Pat Huntoon. I already warned you that I love this set and the bird is just sooo cute. As a tip to any of you trying this technique -- it also works with chalks! I did the bird card with chalks since I only have pastel crayons. It worked perfect and was just what I wanted - bold colors. The next card is done with the retired set Garden Collage. I thought this was a great set to show off the technique since I was able to only emboss a section of it and leave the rest plain. I tried to show it at a different angle for you in the second up close picture but not sure you will get the true effect. This technique is quick, easy and a definite WOW! I was surprised I liked it as much as I did.

Technique Supplies Needed: Coloring book stamps, permanent black ink, versamarker, watercolor crayons, clear embossing powder, heat gun and white or light colored card stock.

Technique Directions: Stamp image on card stock using permanent black ink. Use vesamarker to pick up color from watercolor crayons. Color image as desired. You may need more than one coat to get the color you desire. Clean versamarker on scrap paper between colors. Cover entire image with clear embossing powder and emboss. Embellish and add to final project.

Have fun creating and share your work if you would!


0 nice people left a comment: